DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: SEPT. 30, 2019
Facilities, Maintenance and Building Administration Engineer
- Licensed Mechanical/Electrical Engineer with Updated PRC License
- With 3-5 Years experience in Facilities/Building Operation, Management, and
Maintenance.Experience in a Manufacturing, Hospital, Laboratories building/facilities is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on basic system design, operation, and maintenance of Mechanical, Electrical and Auxiliary, Plumbing and Sanitary, Fire Protection
o Mechanical Systems includes; Direct-Expansion and Chilled Water Type AC
system, Mechanical Ventilation, Elevator, Pumps.
o Electrical and Auxiliary systems includes; Back-up Power (Genset, ATS, LVSG, TVSS), FDAS
o Plumbing and Sanitary includes; Sewage Ejector Pumps
- Hands-on Experience in operating and maintaining MEPF systems that supports the building operations.
- Basic Knowledge on Civil, Structural, and Architectural Maintenance works.
- Knowledgeable on construction materials identification and specifications.
- Have ideas and insight in efficient building operation and maintenance.
Tasks and responsibilities:
a. Operation and Maintenance
- Monitor the Operational Function of the various MEPF systems
- Perform routine upkeep and repairs as well as schedule preventive maintenance of the buildings, grounds and MEPF equipment.
- Perform basic corrective maintenance on the buildings, grounds and MEPF equipment
- Use hand and power tools and perform semiskilled manual work in a safe manner.
- Plan, assist and supervise contract services for facility repairs and maintenance, including building equipment maintenance contracts and all work performed by outside contractors
- Respond to after-hours emergencies and implement emergency protocols.
b. Documentation and Reporting
- Prepare and maintain necessary internal records and reports for the various MEPF Systems and the entire facility.
- Prepare other documents that may be submitted to outside agencies.
- Produce and report monthly reports to the Executive Director for any troubles experienced by the systems & the pre-emptive measures to be taken
- Assist in the submission of the quarterly report of the PCO
- Perform other reports that may be required by the University
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance schedule and cost
- Develop and maintain an inventory of tools or spare list necessary for building maintenance.
c. Renovation and New Construction
- Coordinate with the laboratory equipment supplier for the needed utilities provisions as required or deemed necessary by the laboratory
- Assist in the construction meeting of the different renovation and new construction in the PGC compound.
- Work closely with end users and other UP departments in planning improvements for the facility and ensuring that the facility is operating biosafely and biosecure
- Formulate innovative ideas and propose processes to be able to achieve the most efficient building operation and considering biosafety and biosecurity.
- Consolidate, create and review bidding documents related to the facility, grounds and building equipment.
- Ensure that all works are finished and acceptable by preparing punch list.
- Train and instruct custodial team in proper upkeep in and around the facilities
- Train and instruct security team in emergency and operational SOPs
- Aid and advice building administration in the procurement of the various maintenance services for the respective trades under the MEPF.
- Ensure initial and ongoing to all local operating certification requirements
- Perform other duties that may be required by the Executive
- May be required to work overtime as some preventive maintenance is best performed outside work hours.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
FOR INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
Dr. Cynthia P. Saloma, Executive Director
Philippine Genome Center
University of the Philippines
Diliman Campus, Quezon City