[PROTEIN, PROTEOMICS, AND METABOLOMICS FACILITY]
Project Assistant I (SG 8)
- Graduate of any 4-year course
- Experience with UP procurement is an advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and database management software
- Preferably with experience in coordination with other government agencies
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to write and present reports proficiently
- Will not be simultaneously employed in any other full time (40 hrs/wk) position for the duration of the contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the project’s budget and expenditure.
- Prepare the pertinent documents for the project’s procurement and reimbursement transactions.
- Ensure proper monitoring and record keeping of project documents by logging and endorsing to proper contacts.
- Liaise with appropriate offices efficiently to expedite the project’s purchase, supply, and budget requests.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Project Leader.
All positions are a non-permanent status (Contract of Service – Duration: Feb 1, 2022 – July 15, 2022).
Interested applicants may send the following requirements not later than January 21, 2022 (Friday).
- Letter of Intent
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of Diploma (if applicable)
- Photocopy of certificate of eligibility/rating/license (if applicable)
- Address to: Neil Andrew D. Bascos, PhD, Program Director, PGC-PPMF
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO [email protected] and CC [email protected]
with Subject: PGC PPMF [POSITION] Application
[DNA SEQUENCING CORE FACILITY]
Senior Research Associate (SG 14)
The Senior Research Associate is mainly responsible for conducting Next –Generation Sequencing of COVID-19 samples for PGC’s national COVID-19 biosurveillance. S/He should be prepared to also conduct experiment and analysis related to DSCF’s standard services such as capillary sequencing and assist in experiments of client and in-house research projects.
• Conduct experiments related but not limited to sequencing of COVID-19 samples
• Collect and summarize data and write detailed technical reports
• Create and maintain computerized spreadsheets and documentation as well as develop and maintain a manifest system in the laboratory
• Operate complex laboratory equipment and robotics platforms
• Work closely with other scientists and researchers to develop new scientific methods and procedures and devise ways to automate and efficiently conduct the processes and workflows of the laboratory from sample reception to result reporting
• Manage, train, and mentor other team members
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
Training: Biosafety Education and Awareness Training against COVID-19 is a plus
Experience: At least 1 year of experience with molecular biology work is preferrable
Competency: Independence and Diligence, Organizational Commitment, Integrity, Quality, Service
Focus, Teamwork, Stewardship of Resources, Attention to Communication, Self- Development and
Learning, Computer Literacy
• Willing to work in a facility that processes Category B pathogens (i.e. SARS-CoV-2)
• Ability to work confidently and successfully under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of various software applications, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and other computer programs and software;
• In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
• Exceptional writing, organization, analysis, and research abilities, effective communication skills
All positions are a non-permanent status. Instructions to interested applicants:
- View pgc.up.edu.ph to familiarize with the office.
- Please address your letter of application to:
Dr. Cynthia P. Saloma, Executive Director Philippine Genome Center
University of the Philippines Diliman Campus, Quezon City
- In your cv, please list three (3) references with their contact details (email and phone numbers).
- Indicate TIN no.